Economics, Political sciences and civics, Sociology and cultural studies, Journalism and reporting, Environmental sciences, Natural environments and wildlife
- Netherlands, Nijmegen (Allowed remote work)
- Work schedule:
- Salary range: /
- Contract type: 1 year
- Application deadline: 12/Oct/2022
- Starting date: ASAP
- Are you an ambitious MA graduate, dedicated to countering urgent and complex global challenges?
- And do you want to become part of a blended international classroom?
- And work in a paid position for four days a week at an organisation dedicated working on the SDG agenda?
Join AMID Young Professional!
AMID Young Professional is an academic talent development programme at the Radboud University, transforming ambitious young professionals into the next generation of change agents working on the global goals. It gives you the opportunity to work at an organisation in the field of international sustainable development and attend the academic programme to build your knowledge, skills and attitude.
- - One year (february-february)
- - Four days (Mon-Thu) paid position for four days at organisation in the field of international cooperation and sustainable development
- - One day (Fri) academic programme
- - Diverse and international group: participants in the Netherlands, Kenya & neighbouring countries
- - Blended classroom: 75% online, 25% face-to-face
- - Focus on development of knowledge, skills and personal and professional development
We are looking for:
- - dedicated and ambitious recently graduated young professionals at the start of their career
- - with a background in and/or affinity with international cooperation and sustainable development
- - who want to gain experience in the field and develop the right knowledge, skills and mindset
- - Knowledge of, and demonstrable affinity with, international cooperation and global development;
- - Work experience (e.g. internship, thesis research) in an international and/or culturally diverse setting
- - An open and flexible attitude, the willingness to learn and the ability to critical self-reflect are assets that are valued highly in the selection process;
- - Excellent active knowledge of English.
- - An 8 (or equivalent) or higher for their Master's thesis.
- All detailed information on the requirements can be found on the AMID website.
As a result of completing the AMID Young Professional traineeship, you:
- have gained a full year of work experience in a junior position in a competitive field;
- have knowledge of and insight in the theories, playing field, skills and current themes in sustainable development and can apply these as a scientist-practitioner to the day-to-day practice of different types of organisations in the framework of the SDGs;
- have developed an academically supported critical approach towards sustainable development and practical training on the skills needed to act on this approach;
- can communicate and collaborate with all those involved in the field of sustainable development and work effectively across differences;
- take responsibility in, and influence the public discussion concerning sustainable development;
- can reflect on the field you are working in and on your own position;
- proactively take responsibility for your own lifelong learning process;
- are part of an extensive international network of ambitious (young) professionals in the field.
All information on the application procedure can be found here on the AMID website. Please make sure to inform yourself on the process and requirements. All frequently asked questions can be found here.
Specific questions can be addressed to [email protected].
Please note, the early bird deadline is September 27, the final deadline on October 12.
- Work schedule:
- Salary range: /