Meating Hub is currently seeking a Communications Intern to join their team in Thessaloniki, Epanomi.
Please note that this position is specifically designed for students or recent graduates, and priority will be given to individuals holding a grant such as Erasmus+ or those undertaking the internship as part of their studies.
As a Communications Intern at Meating Hub, they are looking for a dynamic and efficient individual with a diverse skill set in the field of communications. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest in culture, sustainability, campaigning, policy communication, and event organization.
Qualifications they are seeking:
- Students of communications, public relations, journalism, or related fields.
- Proficiency in using web-based resources, including social media platforms, web editors, and content management systems (CMS). Knowledge of HTML is a plus.
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in campaigning is desirable.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and knowledge of other EU languages is advantageous.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-organized, practical-minded, and capable of prioritizing tasks in a busy and varied workload.
- Independent, proactive, and self-starting personality.
- Interest in European networks and membership-based organizations.
Responsibilities of the Communications Intern include:
- Active participation in team meetings and engagement in Meating Hub activities.
- Supporting Meating Hub campaigns.
- Assisting in the implementation of communication actions, such as designing and drafting mailings, creating monthly News Digests and Newsletters.
- Updating the organization's website and managing social media activities.
- Monitoring social media channels and contributing to the implementation of the social media strategy.
- In-house design of publications.
- Assisting in event management, including planning, logistics, and communication.
- Attending key events.
- Creating content from events, including filming, editing, and photography.
By joining Meating Hub as an intern, you can expect to gain the following benefits:
- Practical knowledge in running a cultural organization.
- Solid understanding of external communications practices and hands-on experience with communication tools and software.
- First-hand experience in event management.
- Insight into audience development through startup projects.
- In-depth understanding of NGO communications and lobbying in Greece and at the European level.
- Emphasis on maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Opportunity to work in a team-driven project environment.
Please note that this internship does not offer financial compensation, and no prior years of experience are required. You can find more information about Meating Hub and their work on their Facebook page at: [https://www.facebook.com/MeatingHub](https://www.facebook.com/MeatingHub).
No financial compensation
Years of Experience required:
This job offer requires a valid work permit / visa.
We also value the skills of an individual living in a community can vary depending on their interests, abilities, and the specific needs of the community. Here are some common skills that can be valuable in a community setting: 1. Communication: Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships, resolving conflicts, and conveying ideas within a community. This includes both verbal and written communication. 2. Leadership: Strong leadership skills can help guide and inspire others within the community. A good leader can organize activities, facilitate discussions, and motivate others to work towards common goals. 3. Collaboration: Collaboration skills involve working effectively with others, sharing ideas, and coordinating efforts towards a common objective. This skill is crucial for community projects, events, and initiatives. 4. Problem-solving: The ability to identify issues, analyze problems, and develop creative solutions is valuable in a community setting. Problem-solving skills enable individuals to address challenges and improve the community's well-being. 5. Empathy and compassion: Understanding and empathizing with the needs and concerns of others fosters a sense of community and helps individuals provide support to those in need. Compassionate individuals can contribute to the overall well-being and unity of the community. 6. Organizational skills: Being organized helps individuals manage tasks, events, and resources efficiently. It enables them to plan and execute community activities effectively and ensure things run smoothly. 7. Technical skills: Depending on the community's context, various technical skills may be useful. For example, proficiency in computer skills, social media management, fundraising, event planning, gardening, or specific trades can greatly benefit a community. 8. Teaching and mentoring: Sharing knowledge and skills with others is an invaluable contribution to a community. The ability to teach, mentor, and empower others helps in building a stronger community with a focus on growth and development. 9. Cultural competency: In diverse communities, having an understanding and appreciation for different cultures and backgrounds promotes inclusivity and harmony. Cultural competency allows for effective communication and collaboration across diverse populations. 10. Flexibility and adaptability: Communities are dynamic, and being able to adapt to change is essential. Flexibility helps individuals navigate new situations, embrace innovation, and find creative solutions to emerging challenges.
- Work schedule:
- Salary range: /